Kilometer 66

ONCE A YEAR, GO

Mindy FikeComment
onceayeargo

Well, I mean, if the Dalai Lama says to do it, I guess I really should. It's a burden I'm willing to bear *wink*.

Everyone has a bucket list by now, right? (related/unrelated confession: I never saw that movie. If anyone has a copy and a bottle wine, let's make a date) The first time I wrote mine down, I wasn't sure if I was doing it right, because 98.5 percent of the "bucket items" were just travel destinations I wanted to see. The other 1.5 percent were lofty and useful goals like learn to sew and grow a garden and speak French, all of which I still completely intend to do anyanyday now.

In a must-organize effort, I've gotten in the habit of pulling a few of those destinations off the ever-growing list to serve as dreaming material for the next year's trip plans (as much as we sometimes don't plan allthatwell).

I thought it would be fun to share the trips that are topping my "what's next" travel list. Have ladies guys been to any of these spots? Any tips for a fellow gentlewoman adventurer?

  1. Island Hopping In Greece –  It's summer, which means I will be dreaming about sun-bleached islands. I'm thinking nights spent laughing and talking over amazing Greek food, sunny days spent exploring twisting alleyways between bright buildings, and hopping island to whichever island the next ferry is headed to. 
  2. Scottish Highlands Road trip – This would be the best type of trip to rent a car for. A few weeks, a map and a Rick Steves guidebook would make for an incredible trip. At least in my travel-crazy imagination, this has to be one of the most romantic and striking landscapes in the world.
  3. Glamping it up in the Canadian Rockies - Lately we've been dreaming up (Pinterest board, anyone?) an ultimate camping trailer makeover. It's all the fun of home decorating in one tiny adorable package. Summer would be the best time to go on our adventure though Alberta and BC. 
greeceandscotland

At the end of the day, I'm always thrilled to travel where ever, whenever I get the chance. But I also believe in the power of visualizing what you want and where you want to go. Do you have a travel wish list?

Top Photo by Doug Fike of Worldview Photography

Bottom photos via Flickr Creative Commons by Dave Conner and by Maggie Meng